We offer a range of storage solutions designed to help overcome the problems surrounding storage in garage areas. Products like our Over Bonnet Storage System, are a fantastic solution for those once unusable areas.
Our over bonnet storage systems are placed at the head of a car space so that the intended vehicle can retain its usual park.
Click on the tabs below for more information.
About these units:
- Free standing and very stable
- They can be placed back to back or applied as a continuous application
- The unit fits wholly within the designated car area and does not affect access to neighbouring vehicles
- The leg / stand height is adjustable, which means all variation in floor levels , and all car sizes can be accommodated
- Powder coated aluminium is used to resist corrosion
- Our installers always ensure that access to or operation of service and safety fittings/devices is not compromised
- Storage is gained without loss of valuable car space
- Have a storage capacity of up to 4.4 cubic meters and hold up to 800kg
Standard Unit Dimensions
Not every vehicle and car space are the same, it is for that reason The Box Thing is an ideal solution.
All standard units have an adjustable over bonnet clearance of between 1100mm and 1200mm. For other heights please click on the Installation tab above.
Our standard units are made from the below table of standard sizes. Any combination of Length, Width and Height from the table are available. (Remember the height measurement is for the actual storage box, the height of the legs for clearance over your bonnet are added to this measurment to give a total unit height.)
|Standard Lengths||Standard Widths||Standard Heights|
|2400 to 3000mm||854mm||854mm|
|2400 to 3000mm||1004mm||1004mm|
|2400 to 3000mm||1154mm|
This door is fitted with gas struts for easy access and has a three point locking
mechanisms. The door hinges from the top and is sealed on all four sides. For other door options click on the Options tab above.
The unit is secured via three point T-Bar locks . These locks are extremely easy to operate whilst still offering piece of mind. The doors are sealed using a special stylus tape to prevent dust, water and vermin penetration.
Measure & Quote
We provide an obligation and cost free measure and quote.
If you would like one of our friendly staff to check measure an area for you, please contact us on 1800 017 247
Installation is by our of our professional installers. Units are designed to be a free standing object. Our installers can fix the storage unit to the wall or floor, however in some circumstances Body Corporate approval may be required.
Made to measure
The below will allow you to work out the size and clearance necessary to have one of our units manufactured to your exact needs.
Over Bonnet Clearance
Our standard units come with an over bonnet clearance of between 1100mm and 1200mm however custom heights are available. Custom heights are worked in increments of 150mm and can be between 254mm and 2654mm.
To calculate the amount of over bonnet clearance you require use the following guide:
- Park the vehicle in the designated space
- Measure from the line or wall at the head of the space, back the intended width of the proposed unit
- At that point measure vertically the highest point of the vehicles bonnet. This is the minimum clearance required
- When calculating the clearance it is wise to also consider the total height of the unit, including clearance and storage height and be sure you have enough space for the total height of the unit
The Box Thing Plastic over bonnet storage system is an older model of the product. Because of newer more efficient means of manufacturing this version of the product is more labour intensive and expensive to produce then the current version of The Box Thing.
The Aluminium system that has replaced the Plastic is far improved with an 800kg load capacity, keyed alike locks, more sizes available and a 10 year warranty.
If you are still interested in this product please contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Body Corporate approvals vary from building to building and we strongly recommend you seek an approval.
Yes, The Box Thing has adjustable height legs. The height can be set to suit a range of vehicle sizes or simply manufactured as required.
The unit can be bolted down however some buildings and Body Corporate prefer the unit remain a free standing Item. The units are engineered to be a free standing item.
The Box Thing will not Rust. It is an aluminium product and designed for all conditions.
For most standard units The Box Thing Team can have a unit delivered and installed within 10 working days.
The Box Thing can be powder coated any colour. This may add to the cost and lead time. We do however have an off the shelf colour that meets most body corporate requirements and is easy to maintain.