Body Corporate requirements vary from building to building and it is usually a good idea to seek an approval prior to any installation.
Scroll down for information on seeking an approval and information that your Body Corporate may require for an approval process.
Seeking Body Corporate Approval
Placement or construction of Car park Storage is usually approved under the following terms and conditions.
Application for approval should be made to the Body Corporate or Executive Comittee prior to installation/placement.:
The application should
- Be in writing, and contain details of the owner, lot and unit number, and contact details
- Conform to these guidelines and include a statement to the effect that the applicant agrees to the guidelines
- Include specific details of the proposed storage, and if not “The Box Thing”, as noted below, include manufacturers Specifications, drawings including measurements and clearly outline the proposed materials to be used.
- Include a sketch of the proposed placement within the allocated car space
- Be from a lot owner
It must be acknowledged by the applicant that all costs and expenses relevant to the storage module, including but not limited to the actual storage module, its construction, its placement, its maintenance, its repair, and its removal if required, is the total responsibility of the applicant owner.
Guide Lines for an Executive Committee / Body Corporate
If you are an Executive Committee or Body Corporate looking to outline some Guidelines for car park storage, the following will help ensure your building has a strong, secure and consistant approach to onsite storage.
- Applications must be placed by lot owners.
- The recommended storage system is “The Box Thing”.
- The Storage unit is “Dulux Pottery” in colour.
- Any improvement / work to be carried out must be done so by a qualified person or reputable company with an assurance of quality by way of warranty or written statement of compliance.
- The Body Corporate does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for the storage unit or any of the contents therein or items left in the car park areas. The owner but unconditionally waive any liability and/or responsibility otherwise on the Body Corporate/Body Corporate Committee for any damage or loss occasioned to the storage unit and or its contents contained therein, no matter howsoever caused.
- The storage unit must be made from powder coated aluminium. Have an attractive appearance. Be specifically manufactured to resist corrosion from slat laden coastal environments.
- The product must maintain its good, clean and tidy looks indefinitely, be properly maintained by the lot owner and in no way present any kind of risk to person or property.
- The unit should be stable, free-standing and not requiring any potentially damaging attachment to common property, such as floors and walls.
- The unit must be strong, dust proof, vermin proof, water resistant, fire resistant and lockable to prevent theft. Any dust that gathers should be regularly and easily brushed off and maintained by the lot owner.
- The unit must contain its contents entirely within providing a tidy, safe and uniform look in the car park area.
- The unit must have sufficient over bonnet clearance, so that when a vehicle is parked within the car space, it must not necessitate the vehicle to be parked or protrude outside the boundaries of car space in which the module is placed, or in any way into the common area or cause an obstruction.
- The storage unit must fit wholly within the minimum required dimensions of the allocated car park space.
- The storage unit must not in any way interfere with other owners’ allocated car space/s or interfere within access to services, e.g. plumbing, electrical, gas, drainage etc
Maintenance is the responsibility of the owner.
The owner must unconditionally waiver any liability and/or responsibility otherwise on the Body Corporate / Body Corporate Committee for any damage or loss occasioned to the storage module and or its contents contained therein, no matter howsoever caused.
Insurance of the storage module and its contents are the responsibility of the owner.
The owner is responsible for any damage to common property, the structure of the building or other owners/tenants/guests property, caused directly or indirectly by the storage module and/or its contents.
The Body Corporate Committee reserves the right to withdraw any approval given and to demand the removal of the storage unit.
Body Corp Information
Addressing some points that may be of particular interest to the Body Corporate
Our units can be free-standing and are very stable. This means they are ideally suited to “open area” car spaces, as well as those adjacent to garage wall.
It also means that there is no potentially damaging attachment to common property.
When placed in the “open area” such as the center of your car park, The Box Thing product range helps delineate the car spaces.
They can be placed back to back or as a continuous run using shared walling.
The units fit wholly within the designated car area and do not intrude on any other designated or common area.
All our units are height adjustable, which means all variation in floor levels, and all car sizes can be accommodated.
This will allow our product range to be adopted as the preferred unit throughout a building.
The resultant uniformity enhances the value of a building.
The Box Thing is specially manufactured to resist corrosion from a salt laden coastal environment, and retain its good, clean, and tidy looks indefinitely
Storage is gained without loss of valuable car space.
Installation of Storage Systems:
When installing our storage systems, we always ensure that access to, or operation of service of and safety fittings/devices (such as sprinkler heads and electrical panels) is not compromised.
If the owner of a unit in the rental pool requests installation of an over bonnet system in their car space, we set it to maximum height to ensure any guest vehicle will fit (eg 4WD).
Although the involvement of Body Corporate Committees varies from building to building, we presume that your committee will want to be directly involved to ensure a uniform and high quality solution to what is an ever present problem – storage.
What we can offer:
To aid the Body Corporate with this we offer an obligation and cost free measure and quote service.
Our representatives on request will come to site to check measure potential spaces and advise on the best solution for you.
We than provide a standard application form to the management staff and or Body Corporate. This form outlines the requirements of the applicant and by using the report provided, the management staff and or Body Corporate can process the application with ease.
This form once approved by the Body Corporate or relevant staff can than be used by the applicant as an order form. The ultimate goal of this process is to work with the Body Corporate while streamlining the approval process.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.