Product Warranty Terms and Conditions
This warranty shall only apply to Apartment Storage Systems Pty Ltd / The Box Thing Modular Storage Systems product range. The warranty period shall be ten (10) years from the date the product is delivered to the customer’s site. It is warranted that the product will be free from defective manufacturing, under normal use and service conditions. If a manufacturing defect is detected during the warranty period, subject to these Terms and Conditions, Apartment Storage Systems will repair or replace the product at its cost.
The warranty is valid only for products that are purchased new from Apartment Storage Systems, or that company’s authorised reseller. Apartment Storage Systems reserves the right to withdraw the offer to provide a Warranty, or to restrict the terms of this Warranty, if the customer intends to install the product in a highly corrosive environment and this Warranty will be automatically voided if the customer installs the product in such a highly corrosive environment without prior notification to Apartment Storage Systems, or its authorised reseller.
Under no circumstances should dangerous, flammable, combustible or corrosive materials be stored in, on or within one (1) metre [three (3) feet] of the product.
This warranty does not apply where a defect has arisen wholly, or substantially, due to:
(a) Normal wear and tear;
(b) Abuse, mishandling, accident or failure to follow operating and/or installation instructions by the customer or the customer’s agent;
(c) Where the customer has stored dangerous, corrosive or combustible materials either in, on or within one (1) metre [three (3) feet] of the product;
(d) Where the customer has used products with hardware, components, or other accessories not supplied or approved by Apartment Storage Systems;
(e) Where the customer has modified the product in any way;
(f) Where the product has been installed in an environment that might encourage corrosion, such as a marine or industrial environment, without regular proper care and maintenance being undertaken, as detailed below.
What the Customer Must Do on Purchasing the Product to Ensure the Granting of this Warranty The customer must register their product warranty with Apartment Storage Systems, online, within twenty-eight (28) days of purchase, using this registration form, accompanied by proof of purchase. This proof of purchase must be by way of receipt / invoice number provided by Apartment Storage Systems, or that company’s authorised reseller.
Product Maintenance Required. To ensure continuation of this warranty all moving components, such as doors, locks and gas struts, should be kept free of dust and grime and the unit stand should be cleaned regularly, using soap and water. Note, where the product is located in a marine or industrial environment that might encourage corrosion, the product should be cleaned at least every twelve (12) weeks.
Making a Warranty Claim
(a) The customer must complete the online Warranty Claim Form below.
This must clearly identify the customer and the product ID Number.
(b) The customer must provide a detailed description of the fault, accompanied by photographs of the fault, if possible. Please Note If, following the customer’s identification of an alleged fault, the product is returned to Apartment Storage Systems and it is determined that the problem is not covered by this Warranty, the customer will be liable for all costs of repair and transportation.
Apartment Storage Systems Pty Ltd ABN:45 124 070 006
Privacy – Protection of Information Apartment Storage Systems Pty Ltd and it’s authorised resellers are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy, in the collection, storage and use of information provided by its customers. This information is only collected to assist in efficient, effective, fair and accountable service to customers. This protection of your privacy is regulated by the Australian Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, inclusive of the National Privacy Principles and the Commonwealth Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
Information is only collected from customers for the following purposes:
(a) To ensure accurate and timely delivery of product.
(b) To facilitate invoicing and payment.
(c) For inclusion in the contract between the customers and Apartment Storage Systems.
The information is accessed only by Apartment Storage Systems’ management and resellers (where the later has been involved in the sale of the product to the customers) and, in the unfortunate circumstances of a default in payment, by Apartment Storage Systems’ external debt collection service providers and lawyers. The information collected is never revealed by way of trade, sale, rental, or lease to commercial third parties, thus avoiding unauthorised use for marketing purposes.
Electronic Transactions Permission Agreement
The Commonwealth of Australia’s Electronic Transactions Act 1999 requires an agreement between parties exchanging commercial and contractual information by email or fax. In accordance with Section 5 of that Act, Apartment Storage Systems Pty Ltd believes that it is reasonable to infer that potential customers who have contacted Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, by email or fax, give permission for Apartment Storage Systems and/or its resellers to contact them by email or fax throughout the entire business contact period. After your initial contact with the company, should you not want Apartment Storage Systems and/or its authorised resellers to contact you by email or fax, please contact the company to communicate this decision as soon as convenient. Apartment Storage Systems will respect your communications preferences. Under the Act, a customers’ inferred consent means consent to the following:
1. permission is granted for information to be transferred to them by Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, by electronic means including, but not limited to, email and fax;
2. at the time of entering into this Agreement, any information electronically transferred to the consumer, by Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, to the electronic addresses provided by the customer, will be readily accessible for subsequent reference;
3. the signature or identifier used by Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, in any such communication, will reliably identify Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, and will be accepted by the customer as the signature or identifier of Apartment Storage Systems;
4. the customer will accept scanned paper documents included in any electronic communication, as if they were hard copies; and
5. at the time of entering into this Agreement, such scanned paper documents will be filed electronically, so that they are retrievable for later reference from the customer’s system;
6. receipt of such electronically transferred communication is deemed to be when the message enters the system;
7. they will regularly check their system for electronically transferred communications;
8. at the time of entering into this Agreement, any electronic communication received by the customer’s system can be printed and kept in storage in hard copy, or kept on file in electronic format;
9. they accept that communications capable of being legally transferred electronically, by Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, will no longer be available in hard copy or print;
10. their permission to accept electronically transferred communications may be withdrawn at any time;
11. they will provide 24 hours’ notice should they choose to withdraw permission for Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, to communicate electronically;
12. they will inform Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, of any change to their system’s capabilities during the period in which the parties are doing business, as may reasonably interfere with one or more of the above provisions, as soon as reasonably practicable, to ensure effective electronic communications between the parties.
13. it is the responsibility of the customer to check that their system has the capabilities listed above;
14. Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, are not liable for any damage whatsoever, caused directly or indirectly, by the failure of the customer to advise Apartment Storage Systems, during the period in which the parties are doing business, of any problem with their system that precludes any of the above from successfully occurring;
15. Apartment Storage Systems is not liable for any damage whatsoever, caused directly or indirectly, due to the failure of the customer to rectify the problem with their system, occurring during the period in which the parties are doing business, that precludes any of the above from successfully occurring;
16. the transferred information will be on Apartment Storage Systems’, and/or its authorised resellers’, system for a reasonable time and capable of transfer and download to a file for storage and later retrieval by the customer;
17. Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, will provide prompt notice that the information is available to the customer and such notice shall specify the nature of the communications; and
18. Apartment Storage Systems, and/or its authorised resellers, are not liable for any damage whatsoever to the customer’s system, caused directly or indirectly, by the electronic transfer of information from Apartment Storage Systems and/or its authorised reseller, during the period in which the parties are doing business. We thank you for your inferred consent to the above terms and conditions.